Monday 23 May 2011

Looking back at the FMP

When I first started the Fmp I set out a number of target these included looking for plenty of inspiration for some really nice style of Heavy metal designs as I wanted my outcomes to be unique and original.
I also wanted to look at a few Photoshop tutorials to learn some image manipulation techniques and to increase my knowledge of Photoshop.

I didn't plan on it but I got really good with type usage as I looked at a really neat artist named Stefan Sagmeister who's work was very original, also i liked how he lays out his type, it's very busy and there's lots going on, this I think makes it interesting.

As the FMP progressed I created heaps of experimentation, this ranged from, image manipulation to what materials I used for creating different textures such as inks, acrylics, oil pastels, watercolors.

I attempted quite a few artist styles. I tried to do an illustration in the same style as H.R Giger however I found it extremely difficult to mimic his style as it was quite realistic even though his works looked very surreal. I really liked Charlie Anderson's style of work too, it wasn't dark or scary but for experimentation purposes it was really nice, he would paint an existing image then collage it up but by painting, so basically he made i look like a collage but without it actually being one.

As my FMP was to promote my band i looked at other bands designs I particularly took to the style of Whitechapel, Suicide Silence and Behemoth as they used a range of photography and image manipulation to produce their work so I went in the same direction and attempted to produce similar outcomes.

I feel that I produced a lot of work especially computer wise, I managed to produce several different poster designs, I completed a really nice type flier where I experimented with various backgrounds also I produced Cd Case Graphics; front cover, back cover and a booklet.

I'm really happy with my outcomes as they look nice, I got a lot of positive feedback on them and I'm glad that I kept to my action plan and followed the targets I set for myself, it has proved to be useful that I independently set my targets as I got what I set for myself done, not only that but because I was motivated and very enthusiastic on this project I was a lot more self driven and I knew what needed to be done.

Overall this project was extremely good I really enjoyed it and accomplished so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment